Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: more real work to view please

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Alan Gesic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've followed some of the links in this and other message boards that lead to clips of peoples films. Tremendously clever and laudible though it is to launch previews in Mpeg or whatever compressed format, I've been finding more and more that what is actually offered up to publicise peoples efforts is virtually contentless. I recently checked the splinter pictures site for any new video content and upon seeing the trailer for "somebody's gonna say bastard" was frustrated by a real lack of content and rather suspicious that the company thought a few albeit graphically nice titles would suffice to give an audience any real insight into their style. I also find it objectionable that people use copyrighted music on their films. You know- if I dress up in a black suit and shades and saunter along in slow mo with booker t or some rare groove thumping along behind me the chances are I'll look cool, but I'd only be stealing kudos from another artist. The point is that there are plently of starving musicians out there, desperate to get in on projects and by raiding our cd collection we're not doing them or ourselves any favours. So come on, if we're to be treated to snatches of peoples work, lets see some originality and content.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    To be fair to Andy & Paul, that was advertised as a TEASER trailer, due to the fact that they are still editing their short film.

    Expect more content when they are in a position to provide it.


    And as for "starving" musicians - most of the stuff I'm sent is crap.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member asloki's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2003
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Phil.

    You're absolutely right, it is just a teaser trailer and given that the film is only a minute long anyway it would be daft to show any more.

    The film is still in post production but you can expect to see it soon.

    As for copyrighted music, it's not something we intend to put in our films, although the trailer does feature a snip of an old Blur track, and lets face it, they're hardly on the breadline. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Coffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cant say much more than Andy - the original piece will be 100% original.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •